Flu season is quickly approaching. According to the CDC, flu activity tends to increase starting in October, so it’s time to be ready.
Check out these 5 quick tips on ways to prepare for flu season from Dr. Mia Finkelston, who treats patients using LiveHealth Online.
- Get your flu shot as soon as possible, preferably before Halloween.
- Have medicines for supportive care at the ready at home, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen, cough drops etc.
- Be careful about washing your hands often especially if you’ve been in public. Also try to avoid touching your face, as it will help spread the germs.
- Keep your core habits at their best: eat well, sleep regular hours and exercise daily. Dr. Finkelston says, “When we are well we can do a better job fighting off an illness.”
- Download LiveHealth Online to be ready to talk to a doctor.
Comments and opinions from Dr. Mia Finkelston are hers alone. This is an essay and is not considered medical treatment.