Are you bored with drinking eight glasses of water a day to stay hydrated? You may love sipping water, but your kids might not.
While drinking water is extremely important in the heat, you can also try foods high in water content to help you hydrate. Snack on them so you don’t have to only guzzle down water or replenish your electrolytes with sports drinks.
- Apples have around 81-84% water. Eat them whole to gain the benefits of the skin’s fiber or juice them for a sweet hydrating treat. Of course, there are many other benefits to eating apples.
- Pickles are a fun, crunchy way to hydrate, being that they are made from cucumbers, which have a water content of 96%.
- Chia seeds absorb their own weight when placed in water, which helps you stay hydrated. Throw them into a smoothie or make a “chia fresca” drink by combining the seeds with water and lemon.
- Hands ever get sticky when you’re eating grapefruit? That’s because they have a water content of 90-91%, which makes for a messy, zesty way to stay hydrated.
- Tomatoes have water content between 94 and 95%, which will keep you hydrated on hot days!
If you’d like to talk to a doctor online about other methods and tools to stay hydrated, get in touch using using LiveHealth Online or downloading the LiveHealth Online app via iTunes or Google Play.